- Residents of the Babayurt district in Russia’s Dagestan have taken to the streets to protest the partial mobilisation, a local Telegram channel reports. The protesters have barricaded a federal highway.
- Cases of arson have been reported in a number of Russian cities: unknown persons threw a Molotov cocktail at the city administration building in Russia’s Tolyatti, local officials stated. Meanwhile, a conscription office was set on fire in Nizhny Novgorod. Glass bottles were found on the scene.
- The hidden article seven of the mobilisation order allows the Russian Defence Ministry to draft one million people into the army, a source in the Kremlin administration told Novaya Gazeta. Europe. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov promptly refuted the report.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky spoke at the 77th session of the UN General Assembly in New York. He called on the UN to remove Russia’s right of veto at the UN Security Council. Zelensky also urged the UN to establish a special tribunal “to punish Russia for the crime of aggression” against Ukraine.
- The Latvian parliament has approved the amendments to its immigration law that bans Russian citizens from obtaining Latvian work visas or stay in the country while working remotely, Delfi news portal reports.